Tuesday, January 5, 2010

As I look out my window this morning on a day that is not going to get above freezing I see two birds playing in a tree. They are so carefree and seem to be having so much fun. They don't know that we have about five more days of below freezing weather with possible snow in a couple of days. This kind of cold is unusual for us and it is hard to get motivated.
While watching these birds I immediately thought of the verses in Luke chapter 12 where Jesus tells us to consider the ravens and the lilies and how God knows their needs and He will provide. He knows our needs and we should not be anxious or worry because He will provide for us too. Seek first His kingdom.
As my birds fly around today they are totally leaving it all in God's hands. It can be hard for us to "totally" leave our lives in His hands. We try to figure out our own ways and plans.
It is a growing process to leave it all to Him. We have to keep focused on His ways and not be so wrapped up in the ways of the world. I have found that if I start the morning with prayer and Bible study that my day runs smoother. Obstacles come but there is a peace throughout the day. God will keep in perfect peace those whose mind stays on Him. (Isaiah 26:3)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Hi Tricia! So glad you are back to blogging. I've missed you and your encouraging words. I'm still in the process of totally trusting God to meet all of my needs. Hope you're staying warm! It's on 29 degrees here today (our high) and the weather man is calling for snow on Thursday. Brrr!

Tricia said...

I am glad that some of my words are encouraging to you. Some days are a struggle and I know the only answers are in God's word. I try to keep my focus on that.
We are suppose to have snow on Thursday also. Stay warm