Desserts are wonderful but they come with so many calories.
Here are a few ideas for cutting back.
1. Don't grease pans with butter or margarine. Use a spritz of cooking spray instead.
2. Omit up to 1/2 of the butter, margarine or oil in cakes, breads, muffins or bar cookies. Use applesauce or fruit-based replacement(as Lighter Bake).
3. Substitute plain or low-fat yogurt or reduced fat sour cream for regular sour cream in cakes and muffins.
4. Use light cream cheese in cheesecakes instead of regular. It will save 6 grams of fat and 60 calories per slice.
5. Use 1/4 cup of no cholesterol egg substitute or 2 egg whites for each egg (up to 2 eggs) in breads, muffins and cakes. Too many egg whites will affect the texture.
6. Instead of the standard size chocolate chips in cookies use 1/2 the amount of mini semisweet chips.
7. Skip the bottom crust of a pie. Pour filling into pie plate and add top crust. This will be cobbler style.
8. Use 1% or skim milk and rather than heavy cream pour in light cream or half and half. (If making whipping cream you will need the regular heavy cream). For evaporated or condensed milk use the low fat or fat free.
What am I doing?
2 years ago