Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Peace In Your Heart

Time really flies. I have just returned from Dallas where I was visiting family. I certainly enjoy going there.
I have been doing a Bible study called "Me, Myself and Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild.
It is an easy study on how to keep our thoughts in check and keep focused in the right direction. In the first week I learned that it doesn't have to be well with your circumstances to be well with your soul. Don't confuse your identity with your struggles. When mistakes and problems come, learn from them but don't dwell on self-blame. We are God's creation and He doesn't make mistakes! You may have experienced in times of turmoil that you will feel a peace in your heart. God will do that for you. "Thy will keep in perfect peace whose mind is on Thee" from Isaiah 26:3 is a daily thought in my mind.
God has wondrous thoughts toward us and His thoughts to me are precious. He has searched me and knows me. He is familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, He knows it completely. (isn't that amazing)
Meditate on His wonders, statues, precepts and word. Set your mind on things above and not things of the earth.
He will hear my voice. His consolation will bring delight to my soul.
Let God hear from you. Honor Him in who we are.
Psalm 40:5; Psalm 55:17; Psalm 94:9, 19; Psalm 119; Psalm 139:1-4,17;
Colossians 3:2

No comments: