Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Draw Near to God


New insights from my Bible study "Me, Myself and Lies" by Jennifer Rothschild
Take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Satan attacks us with wrong and negative ideas and we should keep our focus on Jesus to stay strong. The weapons for our warfare with the dark one is divinely powerful. Do not conforn to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind through God's word and prayer. God is at work in us and gives power, love and discipline. He is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Jesus said "Come to me all who are weak and heavy laden and I will give you rest."
Go to Him in all things. Praise God and give Him glory because He created all things and because of His will they exist. That includes each one of us. God draws near to all who call on Him in truth.
2 Corinthians 10:5; Romans 12:2; Philippians 2:13; Matthew 11:28-29; Psalm 145:18

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks for the reminder. I often catch myself falling prey to some negative thoughts or regrets. I know that it is just the enemy working on me. But greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world!